As the title says, it is very true... I just finished an arguement with somebody who have betrayed my trust and have always not listen to me, most likely because he thinks i am at his age and don't deserve to be heard... but IF and only IF he would take a step back to see things at a bigger picture, and to evaluate the situation and even himself a little more, arguments wouldn't have occurred.
but it's okay.... what i want to touch about and rant it here today, i need to release these hidden feelings some where so i won't explode...
i have a colleague, who is named AAA, he is the same age as i am, but he has a very big attitude problem, super stubborn and thinks nobody is smarter than him, or worth his time. If things ARE NOT GOING the way he wants it to be, he will throw a tantrum, being impatient, don't listen to others, he will always be right. The basics, he done wrongly. The fundamentals, weak. The reasoning, bad. The patience level, minimal. Being coached and given direction, don't listen. Results? Having miserable bad time big time.
What's the problem? The problem lies with attitude. He knows what needs to be done, what needs to be done in order to do things better. IF he would take a step back, RE-EVALUATE the things and pointers that was shared with him, he would have taken a different approach to do his work. Don't get me wrong, he is a TOP Scholar in Academic! But being a top Scholar in Academic has caused him to be so egoistic and stubborn! The stubborness? Killed him! Career at least.
What I want to say is, I really don't understand. It should be my approach that is wrong. This friend of mine, I have been closed for the past 5 years. Betrayed my trust, caused hurtful feelings and left me alone, fine. But what I promised with my life is, I have always wanted the best for him, even when i was left alone... I still wanted the best for him.
Smart? Yes. Clever? Yes. Pampered? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. Have he ever listen and reflected on what I have pointed out critically to him? I don't know. Wanting to change that bad side of his? I don't think so..
In order for a person to grow, is for them to hit hard and learn. I realised, with this friend, I no longer required to speak further. It is best to let him hit and get slapped on the face himself by other people, than to advise him myself.
I have heard of a quote saying "Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you". and I strongly believe in it. I won't bother to give much comments anymore, I am tired. Your life, your way....
It is essentially easy to fail and fall down in life. Having the right mindset and attitude is vital.... Don't look down on this. Anybody can have a bad attitude, but please keep it minimal. You will realized you are getting lesser and lesser true people around you who is willing to guide you when you are getting older, or growing up in any company. There are many people who will take advantage of people with bad attitude.
Making sure attitude is the least problem in your life, is actually helping yourself to be happier in life, IN SO MANY WAYS.
P/S: I have made a placement today... just so you know, I didn't share my personal daily story with you for you to launch a personal attack on me.. at least I shared my stuffs with you, even after how you have treated me. But for you, you don't really want to share anything with me.
but it's okay.... what i want to touch about and rant it here today, i need to release these hidden feelings some where so i won't explode...
i have a colleague, who is named AAA, he is the same age as i am, but he has a very big attitude problem, super stubborn and thinks nobody is smarter than him, or worth his time. If things ARE NOT GOING the way he wants it to be, he will throw a tantrum, being impatient, don't listen to others, he will always be right. The basics, he done wrongly. The fundamentals, weak. The reasoning, bad. The patience level, minimal. Being coached and given direction, don't listen. Results? Having miserable bad time big time.
What's the problem? The problem lies with attitude. He knows what needs to be done, what needs to be done in order to do things better. IF he would take a step back, RE-EVALUATE the things and pointers that was shared with him, he would have taken a different approach to do his work. Don't get me wrong, he is a TOP Scholar in Academic! But being a top Scholar in Academic has caused him to be so egoistic and stubborn! The stubborness? Killed him! Career at least.
What I want to say is, I really don't understand. It should be my approach that is wrong. This friend of mine, I have been closed for the past 5 years. Betrayed my trust, caused hurtful feelings and left me alone, fine. But what I promised with my life is, I have always wanted the best for him, even when i was left alone... I still wanted the best for him.
Smart? Yes. Clever? Yes. Pampered? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. Have he ever listen and reflected on what I have pointed out critically to him? I don't know. Wanting to change that bad side of his? I don't think so..
In order for a person to grow, is for them to hit hard and learn. I realised, with this friend, I no longer required to speak further. It is best to let him hit and get slapped on the face himself by other people, than to advise him myself.
I have heard of a quote saying "Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you". and I strongly believe in it. I won't bother to give much comments anymore, I am tired. Your life, your way....
It is essentially easy to fail and fall down in life. Having the right mindset and attitude is vital.... Don't look down on this. Anybody can have a bad attitude, but please keep it minimal. You will realized you are getting lesser and lesser true people around you who is willing to guide you when you are getting older, or growing up in any company. There are many people who will take advantage of people with bad attitude.
Making sure attitude is the least problem in your life, is actually helping yourself to be happier in life, IN SO MANY WAYS.
P/S: I have made a placement today... just so you know, I didn't share my personal daily story with you for you to launch a personal attack on me.. at least I shared my stuffs with you, even after how you have treated me. But for you, you don't really want to share anything with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment